How is your exercise plan going?
Are you confused and overwhelmed as to what to do?
I love having a plan for exercise.
If I don't have a plan, I struggle with getting any exercise done.
If your exercise plan is non-existence, take a little time to write a plan.
Here are a few ideas. It doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming!
1) Spend a few minutes stretching or practice yoga as soon as you get out of bed each day. There are a ton of free videos on YouTube. Beginning yoga
I always do a quick warm up first with jogging in place, jumping jacks, high knees, etc.
Stretching and practicing yoga is a wonderful way to get breath into the body as you slowly stretch your muscles from the strains of the previous day.
2) Plan on walking each day. Pick a time that works best for you and stick with it.
I force myself to get outside in the afternoon before dinner preparations and afternoon activities.
It feels so good to get out in the fresh air.
3) Plan a walking/hiking date each week with a friend or loved one.
4) Meet a friend for a fun fitness class. A lot of fitness studios offer a free one time trial on their classes. It would be fun to pick a different studio each week! Also, the local community education usually has good prices for their weekly fitness classes.
5) Get a bunch of people to join a sports league-volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball. Or, rent a gym for pick-up games.
6) Take the kids to a park and ride bikes, play on the playground (amazing workout!), take a hike or go rollerblading.
7) Get a swim pass at the local pool.
8) Do 3 sets of as many push-ups, squats or jumping jacks that you can throughout the day. One exercise per day. For example, push-ups on Monday, squats on Tuesday, Jumping jacks on Wednesday. Repeat for Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
9) Try my current favorite workout! Clutch 24/7. It is a challenging at-home workout from Bodybuilding.com. It incorporates a nice warm-up and stretching routine every day and an excellent eating plan!
Okay, so the point is, do whatever exercise you enjoy and put it in your schedule! You know you'll feel so much better if you do! Make a plan right now! It's cheap therapy!
Do it for the joy!
7 years ago