Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Super-Easy June Wokout

My exercise classes are done for the summer!

I need a plan to keep me going!

So this is what I am doing for June:

1. Tea time in the morning. Quiet time to calm AND energize me before my day starts (see Tea Time (15 Minutes In the Morning) post)

2. Walk/run. Check out previous post on walking for a few different ideas.

3. 15 minutes of weight training. I absolutely love Joyce Vedral's books and the one I am using now is "Definition" which is a 15 minute workout 6 times a week or 30 minute workout 3 times a week.

Working out with weights is so important for muscle strength, energy, endurance, bone density and re-shaping the body.

4. Yoga and stretching and deep breathing. Even if I just get 15 minutes in, I'm happy!

My plan is to do this workout 5-6 days a week. I try to go rollerblading on Saturday mornings instead of walking and I keep my Tea time and yoga/stretching/breathing for every day!

Working out first thing in the morning works best for me as the day just keeps coming up with all kinds of reasons why I should be doing something else.

Of course, I need to have a plan B and even a plan C on occasion.

Just pick your best time and stick with it for the rest of the month.

So, put your plan down on your calendar, whatever you decide, and enjoy your health, energy and altogether better outlook on life as you get your mind, body and spirit in tip top shape!

I am also going to focus on eating a huge array of colorful, fresh veggies and fruits and drinking my water (12+ glasses per day).

It really is a simple plan-

~Quiet time

~walk/run

~weights

~yoga/breathe

~water

~colorful produce=

Happy mamma, happy family, happy life, happy anyone who comes across her path!

No comments: