Friday, September 2, 2011

Jacob's Story Part 3

Oh, wow! It's been awhile!
Here is part 3 to Jacob's story.

~I continued to pray for help and guidance. We didn't know what to do.
I thought maybe we should bring him to the chiropractor we were seeing many years ago. Dr. Green is a comprehensive chiropractor that deals with applied kinesiology as well as nutritional counseling.
I called his office.
No answer. Just an answering machine.
I called another chiropractor that does similiar treatments.
No answer. Another machine.
Called the following day when they were supposed to be in the office.
No answer, again!
I went to the computer and searched on the internet for chiropractors that used applied kinesiology, knowing that Jacob's situation required something more than just spinal adjustments.
I found one! And the website said they love kids!
I remember feeling as if my heart was beating harder than usual.
I wanted so badly to find something that would help Jacob!
I just knew something was going on inside his body and that somehow he could get help!
I just didn't know exactly how it would happen.

So, here I was, writing down the phone number to Spartan Family Chiropractic http://www.spartanchiro.com/ and secretly hoping we could find an open door.
It happened to be a Friday morning and I didn't want to waste the day searching and not try to at least get a call into somewhere. Anywhere!
I felt desperate!
I called and Darcy answered. I gave her a brief rundown and then I spoke with one of the chiropractors.
A little more thorough rundown this time.
Yes, indeed, Jacob's case was quite unusual.
I was able to get an appointment that very evening!
At 5:30. I was so excited!

Jacob and I arrived and the very first thing Dr. Parker said, was: "I can tell something is going on by the dark circles under his eyes."
I couldn't believe it!
All he did was glance at him and he knew right away that something was wrong!
(Hippocrates wrote about looking first at the body to see what could be wrong with the patient. I learned that from my 20 year old son who wants to be a chiropractor.)
Dr. Parker then gave Jacob a spinal adjustment and asked if he had any dental work done lately.
Wow!
I was just starting to wonder if Jacob's recent fillings had anything to do with his unusual symptoms.
Dr. Parker then muscle tested Jacob for 2-1/2 hours trying to find out what his body was trying so hard to say!
His body was testing very high for mercury and his brain and liver areas tested weak.
Wow! We found this out in a few hours? I was thoroughly amazed!
I believed in it! My gut instinct told me that this all made sense! (Gut instinct really means God's gentle whisper, don't you think?)
I asked Dr. Parker if he thought there was hope for Jacob.
He said, yes, he believes there is hope!
Thank you, God! We seem to be getting somewhere!
That night was the first night in 10 straight days that Jacob did not have an episode!
I believe the spinal adjustment was very helpful as it is directly related to the central nervous system.
Thank you, Dr. Parker!
Thank you, again, God!

This isn't the end. Jacob still had episodes daily.
Dr. Parker gave him natural whole food supplements to help his brain and his liver.
After a few weeks, we thought it seemed Jacob's symptoms might be a teeny, tiny bit milder.
Were we just hoping?
Some people doubted the whole chiropractic route. But, we believed.
There were no side effects to this treatment. His body desperately needed healing.
We continued to hope and believe that he would get better!
Jacob saw Dr. Parker every week, testing and re-testing to make sure his body got the nutrients he needed.
He was slowly improving.

Next, I'll write about 2 very important things that brought Jacob's health to a speedy recovery! But, I won't wait so long this time.

2 comments:

Heather Storm said...

Laura-
Thanks for sharing the last part of your story! I am glad that you found Dr. Parker and Jacob got the help he needed!
I took an Applied Kinesiology class in school and plan on continuing with seminars myself.
I'll come out and visit sometime soon!
I'm so thrilled Jacob is doing so well!
Love,
Heather
";they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” -Mark 16:18

MindiJo said...

Thank you for sharing this story, Laura. It's interesting, plus we really care about Jacob. He's a great friend to Logan. So it's nice to get the full story.