Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little Blessings

I know, so much time has gone since I've last written.
Always in my thoughts, though!
Holidays have come and gone.
We had international company for Thanksgiving; our dear Australian friends whom we met when Shane was in prep grade (kindergarten) way back in 1996!
Yes, it's been that long. Our Aussie baby is 15 years old already!
We had the most wonderful time sharing our American Thanksgiving with them and exploring and enjoying our little piece of earth in our neck of the woods!
I was a bit worried that our way of living would be just too simple for our special guests especially when they would be visiting The Big Apple after their stay with us!
They absolutely loved it here in Michigan and the daughter of our mother/daughter guests is planning on moving here this coming summer!
A special bond took place 15 years ago and there God was, bringing us back together once again!
It really was that special!

Christmas was beautiful and full of blessings and gifts!~One being that our college son was home for a few weeks and we thouroughly enjoyed him and his buddies coming and going!
I loved it!
All of our children home under our roof again!
I know it won't last forever and I am treasuring these small blessings!

Our baby is walking already and growing way too fast!~From college kids down to a baby is keeping us busy and out of other peoples 'hair'~which is a blessing in itself!
Really, it is!
I do pray that God will grant me the wisdom to love each child the way each needs to be loved as they are little masterpieces with their own special needs and growing way too fast!

I guess my own needs our quite simple these days!
I try to enjoy the little and big jobs and challenges of being a mother and wife, knowing that soon our children will be grown and out of the house!
I wish to play a role in giving them a happy childhood!
~One full of love, faith and strong relationships with God, family and others!
Of course, I know I cannot even begin to do this on my own, so I continue to pray that God will graciously guide me.

I am thankful to have this tiny bit of time to write and reflect on these small blessings!
Sometimes I just need to "Be still!"

Blessings to all!

1 comment:

MindiJo said...

"I do pray that God will grant me the wisdom to love each child the way each needs to be loved as they are little masterpieces with their own special needs and growing way too fast!"

I love that! And I'm glad that you had a wonderful time with your friends. I understand that they would be a huge part of your life, even if you rarely see them. Lucky you. I actually got a little choked up for you when you introduced them to me. Because I wanted to be in your shoes with the friends that we met in NM.