Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sheep and Lambs


I took the children to the petting farm yesterday and we fell in love with the lambs frolicking in the farmyard.
Our one-year old squealed with delight! We were all squealing with delight!
They were so adorable~frolicking without a care in the world!
We were just so happy to be there at the farm on a sunny Spring day watching these darling little animals play!
A mama sheep was in labor! We will be heading back to the farm today to see if her babies were born!
I came across this poem as I was looking for something appropriate for Easter. It is from an old book I picked up from a used book sale years ago~"Poems for Red Letter Days"
Sheep and Lambs by Katharine Tynan Hinkson
All in the April morning,
April airs were abroad;
The sheep with their little lambs
Pass'd me by on the road.
The sheep with their little lambs
Pass'd me by on the road;
All in an April evening
I thought on the Lamb of God.
The lambs were weary, and crying
With a weak human cry,
I thought on the Lamb of God
Going meekly to die.
Up in the blue, blue mountains
Dewy pastures are sweet:
Rest for the little bodies,
Rest for the little feet.
All in the April evening,
April airs were abroad;
I saw the sheep with their lambs
And thought on the Lamb of God.
Have a beautiful Easter!

No comments: