Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let Us Be Therewith Content


OK, so we're doing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and it got me thinking of all the 'stuff' we are always buying and accumulating. Dave calls it a case of 'stuffitits!"
WHY?
Why do we need so much of everything?
It just clutters our home and causes stress!
I recently read an article that stated that over 80% of the world's people live on less than $10 a day and here we are spending money like crazy on stuff that we don't need! (By the way, that means most of us are considerably RICH compared to most of the world!)
So, I continue to ask myself, WHY?
Where are we going with this? 
What's the sense of it all?
Frankly, I think I would be so much happier if I didn't have to organize, store, clean and keep track of SO MUCH STUFF!!
I know I would have a whole lot more time for more enjoyable things, that's for sure!
My plan is to get rid of stuff and re-train our whole family's thought process from 'more' to 'enough'!
We have EVERYTHING and more!
We are rich in every way!
We have SO much to be thankful for!
Yet, we are always looking for 'more'.
Hmmm. It's not right. I no longer want to live in the state of 'wanting'.
I want to live in a state of 'contentment'.
I want to 'lay up my treasures in heaven', instead of piling them up on the floor and in the closets and stuffed in bags and boxes and shelves!
I am excited!
I will be getting a clean house,
and a less cluttered mind,
and a contented heart!
Hooray for CONTENTMENT!
Who's with me?
Anyone?
"...and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." He. 13.5




1 comment:

Pietila Family said...

Hello Laura - I don't know if you remember me from the horse farm near East Lansing(remember you gave me that wonderful fresh ground flour?!). Anyhow, I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I came across your blog via another blog and every once in a while I pop in. You're such an inspiration to me! And I especially love this post about being content with less. As we pack up to leave AK, we are contemplating selling/donating everything but our most treasured or valuable items. I'm not organized by nature and while I try to keep it simple, we've acquired so much we don't need. This purge of stuff before we move is as you said, good for the house, mind and heart! Thank you Laura for your inspiring words and blog. May this holiday season be special! ~ Trisha