Monday, February 14, 2011

The Perfect Valentine's Day Gift!


I am a hopeless Romantic!
I love anything to do with LOVE!
Valentine's Day is a day to be a little more romantic and eventhough I think love is for EVERYDAY, it's fun to make the day a bit more special with a 'love' treat~
~heart-shaped pancakes, cookies, pizza and meatloaf!
~ maybe a bunch of roses and children's cutout hearts all over the walls and windows and doors and dressers and even a heart sticker on each cheek!


My Dear Husband is the type that hates when card companies dictate when he should be romantic.
He likes to do it his own way on his own day~
~Ane he does~
Every once in awhile.

But my husband gave me the most BEAUTIFUL gift EVER this Valentine's Day morning!
The gift of a Blessing!
Reassuring eachother that all our sins are indeed forgiven in the Name and Blood of Jesus!

I was nursing the baby in bed early this morning when my Dear husband came and asked me for a blessing!
In return, I asked him to bless me, also.

I have always looked forward to roses, or perfume, or a beautiful romantic card and at times, actually felt 'crushed' if I didn't receive anything 'special'~being the hopeless romantic that I am!

I will tell you, though, I am no longer wishing for those things.
I was given the perfect Valentine's Day gift!
The gift that is a 'one size fits all~all occasion, absolutely PERFECT gift!

My darling husband is probably feeling he has to rush out and buy me a box of chocolates so I won't be disappointed this Valentine's Day.

And eventhough I know this gift is from God, I have to let him know that I don't need anything more!
I already received the gift that can never be topped!
~On Valentine's Day or any other day!



No comments: