Friday, March 4, 2011

Of Love and Babies


When my newborn smiles at me like I am the center of her universe, my heart wants to leap right out of my body!

It is the most precious thing!

Such unconditional love!

She sees no flaws!

Only love!

Isn't it just a beautiful thing?

When do we stop loving like that?

I mean, we still have so much love and all as we get older~but do we still love as a child does?

I am telling you, I learn so much from babies and children that it just amazes me!

Have I put expectations on the love I have for my parents, husband or children, for example, that I no longer can love unconditionally.

Do I expect more of any relationship, where as a child I didn't expect anything?

We just loved!

Hmmm.

It is something to think about!

God just loves.

I want to go back to that feeling of just plain loving.

My baby has taught me to just love!

Forget about conditions and whatever else that keeps us from really, truly loving!

Thank you, Baby Rosie, for showing me God's way of loving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so precious. I agree with you, a baby's smile is the best pick me up a mom can have.
Annu

MindiJo said...

This is so beautiful, heartfelt and true. I love it. And that baby! OH! Who wouldn't love her?!