Monday, December 28, 2009

I'm Making A List and Checking It Twice!

The time to make major lists is now, isn't it? I love lists. I love to make lists for EVERYTHING!
So now I am in the process of making a major list for the New Year.

I haven't finished my list yet but I did make a list of good ideas for 2010.

It is a good idea to put your major lists in a place that you can view them frequently. I keep mine in my ipod. I love that thing! Tiny but full of so much storage!

One thing I want to put on my list before I forget is to keep Christmas in my heart all year. I am going to write a list of all kinds of simple ideas to keep the spirit of Christmas going.

Like, bake a traditional Christmas cookie in March and share them with someone.

Or, read the Christmas story in the gospel according to Luke to the children in the middle of May.

Or, glue the red felt letters to Lenny's stocking. It is missing the L and the E and somehow I never get around to doing that during Christmas. On my list it goes!

Of course, I want to add different ways we can give to others each month.

If I look at my list often, it will remind me of what I want to do and why I made it in the first place. Because at one time it was important to me!

These are some ideas of what kind of lists I want to make:
1. Goals (updated!)
2. A fresh school schedule and ideas.
3. An updated financial freedom plan.
4. My own ultimate health and fitness plan.
5. New daily to-do list. I always need to refresh my plan this time of year!
6. Books that I want to read.
7. Christmas spirit ideas.
8. New foods to try. I have had quinoa in my cupboard for oh so long. I plan on cooking it this week.
9. Fun date ideas.
10. The major progressive to-do list! You know, the never-ending one!
11. The purchase list that includes anything to crew socks for the boys (the short ones are no good for ice skates!), to the button I need for my brown church coat, to new kitchen flooring. Sometimes there are things that NEVER get crossed off of that list!
12. Spring fashion ideas.
13. Sewing and craft ideas.
14. Fun family outing ideas.
15. Gift ideas.
16. Meal ideas.

And the list goes on and on! Sometimes I have to tell myself to quit making lists and start DOING some of these things! Hee hee!

Obviously, I can't DO everything, but it is nice to look at my lists once in awhile just in case I happen to get an extra 15 minutes peace!

I think I am going to write a list of all the things I could do if I ever get bored!

Or maybe a list of what I could do when the children all leave the nest, which, of course, seems AGES away! And choosing to homeschool leaves me many, many years before I have much time during the day to work on THOSE ideas!

Funny! With all my lists so neatly organized in my little ipod, you would think that my whole life was neatly organized and that I would be GREAT at checking things off of my list! But, alas and sigh, that just is not true! But I LOVE MAKING LISTS ANYWAY! YAY!

And isn't it just the perfect time to work on our lists? The time between Christmas and the New Year? Yes, it is! So grab a pencil and a nice new notebook (put it on your grocery list!) and start making your lists!

And on the Sabbath, we can rest! Thank God and Hallelujah!







No comments: