Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Supply Beauty and Add Sparkle

I was going through my papers yesterday and I came across some notes I took from a book I read.

This particular idea struck me as something I thought would be good to focus on right now.

There is no time like the present, right?

This is what I wrote in my notes that I am assuming was taken directly from the book:
"Supply beauty in the lives of your husband and children, light up the home with sparkle no matter what!"

So I proceeded to ask the children that happened to be around me at the moment how we can add more 'sparkle' into our days.

The 3 year old daughter whispered in my ear, " I know what we can do, get some diamonds."

"That's a fabulous idea," I said. "We can hang them from the lampshades and windows!"

"Still, we better come up with a few more ideas as that one may be long in coming!"

So various childen thought of putting sparkles all over the wall, playing games, having picnics and going to the local indoor water slide.

Of course, the first thing I thought of was having a sparkling clean house!

I have been thinking about this now, and look forward to what hubby and each child comes up with as I am sure each one will be surprisingly different.

I will continue to think of simple ways to add sparkle and beauty into the lives of my loved ones.
I look forward to the challenge and know for certain it will bring a more happy and peaceful ambience to our home. And a fun challenge for me.

Some ideas I thought of so far are:
1. Using some fancy vocabulary words, like panache and chagrin and vivid and stupendous.
2. Using the fancy stemmed goblets for fresh-spueezed juice.
3. Neatly folding hubby's socks and underwear in his drawer. (We struggle with that one. He will absolutely love it!)
4. Displaying a child's artwork front and center on the mantel, framed and all.
5. Of course, having picnics even if it is on the front porch or backyard.

So, do you want to take on the challenge with me?

And please, if you read this post, can you please reply with your ideas? I would love to hear about what you thought of to supply your loved ones with beauty and lighting up the home with sparkle.

Thank you so much!
And thanks for taking the time to read this!

May love and beauty and sparkle be with you always!

P.S Anyone who really knows me, knows that I can't resist a little "sparkle" here and there!
I'm thinking of crystal chandeliers and sparkly jewelry and and even a 'romantic spark' from the dear husband! :)

2 comments:

Heather Storm said...

Add a little sparkle and shine to your hair whether it be a trip to the Salon for a deep conditioning treatment or simply buying a pretty sparkly hair pin. ;-p i know that's what i love to do.. . .maybe its the stylist in me!
I LOVE your blogs!
p.s. and today I had some Pierre sparking water with some fresh lemons and limes and had my car washed. Let me tell you a black car looks amazing with it's clean. Sparkle and Shine ;-D
LOVE you,
Heather
p.s. I didn't comment on your Easter Blog but rest assured HE IS RISEN INDEED! I also love the Easter Season as it is a true reminder that it is FINISHED we are forgiven indeed! That is what separates Christians from all other faiths is that OUR MESSIAH has risen! The Tomb is EMPTY! Praise God to send us One to have a personal relationship with that dwells in our hearts to intercede with the Father on our behalf, HEY! What a JOYOUS time of year!
I love you Laura

MindiJo said...

Hi, Laura!! My new friend. All these new people I'm meeting sparkle up my life. I love lotion that has shimmer in it. So pretty. Although it might make you look like you've been working out. But then again, women don't sweat- we glisten!!
My awesome new dishwasher that came with the house definitely makes my dishes sparkle. Gotta love that!
Shoot me an email about your classes! mindijo1 at live dot com Thanks!