Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Day Before Easter

What do you do on the day before Easter?

Lenny and I had some nice poached eggs on toast this morning (fresh eggs from wonderful neighbors).
I put a pan of Pannukkaku in the oven along with a pan of Baked Oatmeal to feed all of the extra kids that happened to spend the night last night.
I am going to run to Target as soon as I get off of this computer to pick up a few last minute treats.
And then to Kroger for some aluminum pie tins for the pies I will bring to church tomorrow.

Bake the pies.
Strawberry-rhubarb for church, banana cream pie for home.

Last minute sewing.
Happens every year.
I sew for the little girls and our 3 teenage daughters sew for themselves.
A little hemming, maybe a zipper to help with.
We always say we will get them done earlier this year, but, alas, the same 'ol story!

I made a big pot of chili last night so dinner is done for today.
Lay out the clothes, hair stuff, etc. for morning church.

I will force myself to boil a cup of tea and enjoy it on the front porch so I can reflect on this beautiful time and just take in this lovely weather!

Plan on going to church services tonight and leaving the younger children home so they can get to bed early.


I better get going!
Have a great day!

No comments: