Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Joyous Easter


Easter is my favorite holiday!


A time of love and hope,


Believing that all our sins are forgiven in Jesus' name and precious blood!


He died on the cross for all!


Oh, how our hearts are full of thankfulness!


Here are but just a few precious words from a few of my favorite hymns:


"Easter is our day of great festivity,
When the Lamb was offered for our sins to free
Through His precious blood which flowed on Calvary,
Clothing us with righteousness and purity.

Dearest Jesus, Praises
sing my tongue and soul to Thee,
Sing, Hosanna, Amen."


"My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine,

For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;

My gracious Redeemer, My Saviour art Thou,

If ever I loved Thee, My Jesus 'tis now.


I Love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,

And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;

I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;

If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.


I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,

And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;

And say when the death-dew lies cold on my brow.

If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.


In mansions of glory and endless delight,

I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;

I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,

If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now."


~May you all have a blessed Easter, knowing our Dear Saviour, Jesus Christ died for you and that all sins are forgiven in His Name and Precious Blood!
Oh, what a joyous time!

No comments: