Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hyvaa Huomenta, Hyvaa Paivaa

Good Morning, Good Afternoon! The kids and I had a successful first day back to "school"! We want to learn Finn, so I pulled out my Berlitz Finnish Phrase Book and wrote the greeting on the kitchen chalkboard! One of my goals in life is to know 3 foreign languages. It seems like an impossible dream, but I will keep it on my goal list for now! If anyone knows finnish and wants to share, please leave a comment. It will be fun to all learn a few phrases together. I could teach you Jesus Loves Me in Finn, but please correct my spelling if I get some words wrong. My sweet friend Eija taught it to me and the children many years ago. I have since lost touch with her, but I hope to see her again sometime. OK, so here goes!

JESUS LOVES ME (IN FINNISH )
JESUS MUA RAAKASTA

Jesus mua raakasta
Rama tu sin ilmoita
Vaikka lapsi heikokin
Henta hoita helemin

Mua Jesus raakasta
Sua Jesus raakasta
Mua Jesus raakasta
Nin sana opeta.


Ok, that was just the first verse. I can't remember the 2nd or 3rd verses, though we did know them at one time. Eija, if you ever find my blog, please help us with the rest!

A real Finn is probably laughing her head off. I am sure my spelling is atrocious! Oh Well, everyone needs a good laugh! Laughing strengthens the abs!

I hope everyone had a great 'back to school' day!

PS. I finally opened my etsy shop. I have been having tons of fun sewing again! If you want to check it out, I would be so pleased! Thank you! http://www.laurakcollection.etsy.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, I just heard about your site and Iam enjoying it. It will be fun to get to know your family more. I did not know you did all this -- awesome! Tell your mom Hi for me I havent seen her in awhile and I enjoy my visits when I do see her.
Happy fall,
Lori (Tims wife)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lori, for the comment and interest in my blog! I'll tell mom you said 'Hi" as they are coming over any minute now! It would be nice to see you! Tell Tim I said 'Hi'!