Friday, September 11, 2009

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes


These are a big hit with our family. They are very moist and filling and do not even need a topping, though homemade berry sauce and even peanut butter on them are quite a treat!


3-4 eggs (you could also use 1-2 eggs and add 3+ egg whites for more protein without all the fat)

3 c. milk, regular, rice, almond etc.

3 c. oats

1 c. whole-grain flour (wheat, rye, spelt etc.)

4 t. baking powder

1 t. salt (sea salt is what I use.)

1/3 c. sweetener (sucanat, honey, evaporated cane juice crystals, etc.)

3/4-1 cup freshly ground flaxseed

1c. water

2-3 mashed bananas (I freeze overripe bananas, thaw, snip and squeeze right into the bowl.)

I used 1 c. shredded zuchini last time I made these as I was out of bananas. They were great, too!


Mix all ingredients and let sit a bit to soften the grains. Spread batter onto oiled or buttered griddle with a measuring cup as they are thick. Flip when bottom is brown.


Makes about 30 pancakes. Can be cut in half.


Elizabeth-5 years old says, "These are fantastic. You don't even need anything on them!"
I always make more than I need because they are great for a snack anytime of the day!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

No comments: