Thursday, September 3, 2009

Top Ten Fall Fashion Trends

When the kids and I go to the library, I sometimes flip through a few magazines to check out what's in style. I like to keep abreast of what the current fashions are. Now, I am not a slave to fashion trends, I just like to know what the 'color' of the season is, etc.

Well, the color is red! I don't believe we have seen much of that color lately. I wonder what Sally's has in red? (That's Salvation Army in case you didn't know!)

So that was #1-Red

#2 Saddlebag purses-the kind that have a rounded flap and look like something that would be hanging from a horse.

#3 Ruffles-on tops, skirts, shoes, purses.

#4 Leopard prints-this never goes out of style. The trick is to wear just one piece, not head-to-toe. It is great in a scarf! (Always fits, and never goes out of style!)

#5 Black leather-Jacket, dress, skirt, pants. If I see any of my friends in black leather pants, I'll at least know they read my blog! Just tell your husbands who to thank!

#6 Lug-soled heels-I just don't get this one. These were high heels with a lug-sole! You know, like on hiking boots? Terrible, in my opinion!

#7 Bold gold jewelry-I for sure could find these at Salvation Army. They were very chunky. Great with simple outfits!

#8 Sheath dresses-Think Jackie Kennedy. Very classy! They showed them in subtle patterns and designs and in colors of gray and soft purple. Of course, the in color is red, so if you are not shy, it would look great!

#9 Neon pink and black-looks best in small doses, unless you are under 9 years old!

#10 Leggings! Yes, leggings! I almost died! On grown women? I couldn't stop laughing. THIS IS NOTHING NEW! I WORE THOSE IN THE EIGHTIES!!! Ok, now serious! I have to admit that they did look good on this very gorgeous model with beautiful flowing dark hair. She was one of those Ralph Lauren models! I actually wrote down her exact outfit! Here it is: black leggings in hi-heeled, almost-to-the-knee black boots, a tucked in white ruffled blouse (I better NOT see anyone in leggings with a TUCKED in shirt! I am still laughing!). Ok, she had a black belt with a big gold belt buckle, a classic silk scarf around her neck with navy, red, purple, white and gold, a buff-colored barn jacket and black leather gloves. There! I did actually love this outfit! I might try copying it to some degree. Don't worry, I will not be tucking in my shirt! I actually wore this almost-exact outfit in the early 1990's. Fashion designers just update past outfits! Now we know their secrets!

Other trends:

~Polished waves for hair. Put away the straightener!

~Embellished tees and tanks. 1990's-remember? The tanks, I guess, are for under jackets, etc.

~Vintage jewelry. Never goes out of style!

~Daytime glitter-not just for nights out!

~Leather and lace

~Anything plaid

~Shoulder pads

There you have it! The inside scoop on fall fashion!
Have fun!

2 comments:

Sue said...

These trends are the things Brittany has laughed about while looking through old photo albums...it will be pretty funny to see the same things on her!

Unknown said...

I just read somewhere that no matter the style/trends, one should be aware and wear only what looks good on you as we are all so different in size and shape:)