Monday, August 31, 2009

Hatley Castle




I read about this castle in Victoria magazine. It is absolutely gorgeous and I would love to visit it someday. It is in British Columbia, Canada and is now a college campus. It was built in 1908 and the homeowner, James Dunsmuir, told his architect that "Money doesn't matter, just build what I want." Can you imagine! The wealth! I am so intrigued by how some people live their lives! It is a 650-acre estate with electricity even in the cow barns, a dock for his yacht, a specially stocked fishing pond, Japanese pavilion, endless acres of forest for hunting and a library within the fifty-room home. It is absolutely gorgeous with the beautiful gardens and ivy climbing up the walls! You have to check out their website! http://www.hatleycastle.com/

Let's just close our eyes for a minute and try to imagine what it would be like to live there. Of course, we would have a maid and a full crew of help~A gardener, a butler, a driver, a cook, a nanny, housekeepers, etc. I guess we would just be planning parties and strolling in the gardens! Sounds nice! I am going to pretend to be the 'mistress of 'our' castle today and see if my life changes at all. First, I need someone to weed my garden before I go 'strolling' in it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's fun to dream, hey?!

Anonymous said...

Laura! You are hilarious! Nora