Thursday, October 22, 2009

12 Ways To Get Happy!


1. Decide to BE happy! We have a choice, you know!


"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24




2. Be thankful! Each day, write down 5 things that you are thankful for.




3. Know that you are special! God created all of us and His work is perfect! He gave each of us gifts! Take time and ask Him to show you what your gifts are and then use them!




4. Do something for someone else! Smile at your loved ones or a stranger. Pick up your neighbors trash cans, send a card to a lonely person. It doesn't have to be grand.




5. Do something fun with a child! Sing! Play outside in the sunshine! You can always sing this song:
I am so glad that our Father in heaven
Tells of His love in the book He has given.

Wonderful things in the bible I see.
This is the dearest that Jesus loves me!

I am so glad that Jesus loves me.
Jesus loves me! Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me.
Jesus loves even me!

We can't help but be happy singing that song, especially with a child!

6. Exercise

7. Practice yoga and deep breathing-brings oxygen to our cells, relaxing us and bringing on happy hormones.

8. Laugh every day! We might need a little help with this. Just look again to children for inspiration on this. They are always laughing! Have a laughing party: just start laughing even if you have to fake it. Soon you will be laughing because it all is so ridiculous! Laughter heals!

9. Enjoy the simple gift of nature! Just get outside and breathe in the air, shuffle your feet through the leaves, lay down on the grass and try to look for birds. Find shapes in the clouds. Walk by the water and just marvel at all of God's creation!

10. Find someone to love! Your spouse, your children, someone else's child. Call your brother or sister and talk about old times. Take your mom or dad or grandparents out to lunch. Really think about how to find that love again for all of the people in your life. Find others that need loving and share what overflows from your heart.

11. Learn to forgive and try hard to forget!


12. Know that you are loved! God wants us to be happy!

"We love him, because he first loved us!" I John 4:19

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall reeive, that your joy may be full." John 16:24

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11

No comments: