Monday, October 5, 2009

Tea Time (15 Minutes In The Morning)

Getting up just 15 minutes earlier in the morning will give you enough time to say a little prayer and do a little inspirational reading. I sip on my green or herbal tea and snuggle up in my favorite chair before the kids wake up and I am so much more prepared for my day!
Reading from the book of Psalms is so uplifting as it reminds us of how much we have to be thankful for. Of course, all the books of the bible have so many wonderful lessons and daily encouragement.

I have a pretty basket that I keep my morning essentials in: bible, planner, pen, tissue and watch (I could sit there for way too long if I don't keep my eye on the clock.) and I leave it near my chair. I, also, sometimes light a scented candle.

I have been doing this little ritual for quite a few years now and if I sleep in or get up in a rush and have to miss my "Tea Time" my day just doesn't go quite as smoothly.

My grandma Storm used to have a saying on a plaque on her wall that said:
"A day hemmed in prayer, rarely unravels." It had a woman in a rocking chair, knitting. I am sure all the cousins remember it! I find that to be so true!

I actually allow much longer than 15 minutes, but really that is all you need to have a peaceful day!

Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised at how much smoother your day goes!
Enjoy your day!

No comments: