Friday, October 2, 2009

The Blessings of Keeping House-Part 1

Happy October! I love October! Everything just seems so much cozier! The sun goes down earlier and the day just seems to slow down a bit. I love feeling all cozy at home. I feel like I have more time to focus on homemaking. I love homemaking! I feel as if our house is the house that love built and that thought alone makes me happy to enjoy the blessings of keeping house!

I am so very thankful to have a safe and loving home! We are blessed!

Now you wouldn't think of me as a 'cleaner' or even an organized person by nature, but I do really enjoy doing all the things of keeping house if I make time for it and enjoy it in the process. Plus, I am not afraid of looking for help! (Check out the FlyLady at http://www.flylady.net/)

I grew up as a city girl, but I believe I am truly a country girl at heart. So now, here it is October and the homefire is burning in my heart! I am surrounded by my family, everyone is safe and sound and we have a world of blessings at our fingertips!

What can I bake, is what I was thinking last night, that would be special? I remembered I had a recipe for Beignets (pronounced ben-yays), a creole doughnut that Lenny and I enjoyed on our honeymoon in New Orleans 20 years ago. It is a nice whole-food recipe using whole wheat flour. They turned out very nice, the kids and Lenny loved them and they weren't overly sweet! Perfect! Of course, I will share the recipe with you. In New Orleans, they serve them at breakfast with orange juice. It is a wonderful treat for the family or for special company. If you want to get all romantic, serve them to your husband for a fun breakfast in bed! Try it and you might find a delivery boy at your door with a bouquet of flowers! You never know!


More on the blessings of Keeping House later!
Have a cozy October!

No comments: