Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Lamb


This is one of my favorite poems. It is by William Blake from 'Songs of Innocence', 1789.

It reminds me of all the sweet children in this world that were created so perfectly by God, each one having their own little gifts and blessing the world around them! If every child in this world knew that they were created perfectly and thus geniuses in that they were 'knit together' with so much love and by the most masterful Creator ever, I believe that we would have a little more happiness in this world. So I want to dedicate this poem to all the children in the world that no matter what the world sees them as, that God sees them perfect as He created them down to every last detail to be His perfect little child!



The Lamb by William Blake


Little Lamb, who made thee?
Dost thou know who made thee?

Gave thee life, and bid thee feed
By the stream and o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing, wooly, bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice?

Little Lamb, I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb, I'll tell thee:

He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb.
He is meek, and he is mild;
He became a little child.
I a child, and thou a lamb,
We are called by his name.

Little Lamb, God bless thee!
Little Lamb, God bless thee!

1 comment:

Storm. Heather said...

After I read this poem I couldn't help thinking of Psalm 139 and how much it speaks to me by giving me the comfort in knowing that I am His little Lamb!
in verse 13-14 of this Psalm it says this; "For you (God) created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
May we be reminded that God created us for a purpose and a plan and we that can rejoice knowing we are HIS LITTLE LAMBS!!!
thank you for sharing this beautiful poem, Laura!